A step-by-step guide to help you link your Aadhaar to your Ration Card. Because of COVID-19 triggered lockdown and monetary crunch, many individuals turn to options to ease their financial burden. Ration Cards are one of those devices that people use to purchase food at a subsidized cost.
It is an approved document released by the Indian state government. The entire goal is to help individuals purchase food grains and other related products from the PDS program established under the National Food Security Act.
As per the aforementioned act, it is the State government’s duty to determine whether all households are eligible for ration cards. Ration cards are issued only to a certain group of individuals based on annual income, the number of members of the family etc. This document is of tremendous importance to the lower-income groups in particular, which is why the government has mandated to connect ration card with Aadhaar.
This decision is to tackle issuing to a single person more than one ration. This connection removes duplicate ration cards and counteracts other fraudulent activities. You can connect your Aadhaar card to your ration card in two ways: Online and Offline. Any of these selects based on viability.
Step-by-Step Guide How to link Aadhaar with Ration Card
STEP 1Offline Method
- Carry two photocopies of your Aadhar card of all your family member along with your ration card
- Carry the photocopy of your bank passbook if you haven’t linked your Aadhaar card to your bank account
- Also, carry a passport-sized photograph of the head of the family
- Now submit all these documents at the Ration Office and you will receive an SMS or email once the application and documents have reached the official department
- After the application process completed and your documents verified, your Aadhaar will link to your ration card
STEP 2Online Method
- Visit the official Aadhaar linking website and click on Start Now
- Here enter all the required details like address along with district and state
- Now select the benefit type as Ration Card from the menu. Then select the scheme name as Ration Card
- Next, add your ration card number, your Aadhaar number registered mobile number and email address
- Enter the OTP you receive on your registered mobile number
- Once finish, you receive a notification stating that your application process complets
- After the application process completed, your Aadhaar will link to your ration card